Title:Professor and Director of Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Doctor Supervisor
Discipline area:Dental Health and Treatment for Children
Engage in Pediatric dentistry, Caries etiology, preventive and treatment for children, Endodontic in children and adolescents, pulp regeneration in immature teeth, Dental trauma, Diagnosis and treatment of hereditary diseases with oral presentation.
Area of Research Expertise:
1. The expansion implements of Guidance on prevention and appropriate clinical treatment of severe early childhood caries
2. Variation of oral microbiome metabolism during caries development and its relationship with caries mechanism
3. The microbial influence of caries of the deciduous molars on the risk of caries in the first permanent molars
4. Application of pulp revascularization in the treatment of young permanent teeth pulp
5. The prognosis and healing mechanism of dental trauma in children
1. Ningxin Zhu, Xanthippi Chatzistavrou, Lihong Ge, Man Qin, Petros Papagerakis, Yuanyuan Wang,. Biological properties of modified bioactive glass on dental pulp cells. Journal of Dentistry, 83 (2019) 18–26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j jdent.2019.01.017.
2. Ningxin Zhu, Xanthippi Chatzistavrou, Petros Papagerakis, Lihong Ge, Man Qin, Yuanyuan Wang*. Silver-Doped Bioactive Glass/Chitosan Hydrogel with Potential Application in Dental Pulp Repair. ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng. 2019, 5, 4624−4633. DOI: 10. 1021/acsbiomaterials. 9b00811.
3. Guiyan Wang, Chao Wang, Man Qin*. A retrospective study of survival of 196 replanted permanent teeth in children. Dent Traumatol, 2019 https://doi.org/10.1111/edt.12475.
4. He Xu, Jing Tian, Wenjing Hao, Qian Zhang, Qiong Zhou, Weihua Shi, Man Qin*, Xuesong He* and Feng Chen*. Oral Microbiome Shifts From Caries-Free to Caries-Affected Status in 3-Year-Old Chinese Children: A Longitudinal Study. Front. Microbiol., 28 August 2018 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2018. 02009.
5. Yuanyuan Wang, Silvana Papagerakis, Denver Faulk, Stephen F Badylak, Yuming Zhao, Lihong Ge, Man Qin, Petros Papagerakis. Extracellular matrix membrane induces cementoblastic/osteogenic properties of human Periodontal Ligament Stem Cells. Frontiers in Physiology, doi: 10.3389/fphys. 2018. 00942, 2018 .
6. Mengchen, Man Qin*. Lack of association between LTF gene polymorphisms and different caries status in primary dentition. Oral Disease, 2018, 24(8): p1545-1553. DOI: 10.1111/odi. 12939.
7. Yi Yang, Xin Wang, Yuming Zhao, Man Qin*. A novel 4q25 microdeletion encompassing PITX2 associated with Rieger syndrome. Oral Diseases. 24(7): 1247-1254, 2018. DOI: 10.1111/odi. 12894.
8. Guannan Liu, Xin Wang, Man Qin, Junxia Zhu*. A Novel Splicing Mutation of Ectodysplasin A Gene Responsible for Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia. Oral Disease. 2018, 24:1247–1254. DOI: 10.1111/odi.12894.
9. Chufang Peng, Yuan Yang, Yuming Zhao, He Liu , Zheng Xu, , Dianhong Zhao, Man Qin*, Long-term treatment outcomes in immature permanent teeth by revascularisation using MTA and GIC as canal-sealing materials: a retrospective study. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, 2017, DOI: 10.1111/ipd. 12282.
10. Guiyan Wang, Chao Wang, Man Qin*. An analysis of pulp prognosis following vital pulp therapies in teeth with complicated crown fractures-a retrospective study. Dent Traumatol, 2017,33(4)：255–260.
11. Mengchen Wang, Man Qin, Bin Xia*. The association of Enamelin, Lactoferrin, and Tumour necrosis factor alpha gene polymorphisms with high caries susceptibility in Chinese children under 4 years old. Archives of Oral Biology. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.archora lbio. 2017.03.023.
12. Bai J, Qin M, Zhao YM*, Huang MW, Ji AP. Chemical removal of necrotic periodontal ligament on delayed replanted teeth by sodium hypochlorite: morphological analysis and microhardness indentation test of cementum. International Endodontic Journal. 2016, 49(4): 393-401.
13. Jing Tian, Man Qin*, Wenli Ma, Bin Xia, He Xu, Qian Zhang, Feng Chen*, Microbiome interaction with sugar plays an important role in relapse of childhood caries. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 2015, 468: 294-299.
last text: Ge Lihong
next text: Liu He