Title:Professor and President of School of Stomatology, Director of Department of Prosthodontics
Discipline area: Prosthodontics, Tissue Regeneration, and Digital Dentistry
1. Biology of Stem Cells
2. Tissue Regeneration
3. Tissue Replacement or Rehabilitation by Digital Technology
Area of Research Expertise:
1. Usage of tissue engineering based on adult stem cells to restore oral bone loss
2. Material surface modification for improving osteogenesis
3. Biology and exploration of new craniofacial stem cells
4. Tissue Replacement or Rehabilitation by Digital Technology
Academic Publications (Representative publications)
1. Chen Si#, Tang Yiman#, Liu Yunsong, Zhang Ping, Lv Longwei, Zhang Xiao, Jia Lingfei*, Zhou Yongsheng*. Exosomes derived from miR-375-overexpressing human adipose mesenchymal stem cells promote bone regeneration. Cell Prolif. 2019 Aug 5: e12669.
2. Zhang Min#, Liu Xiaomeng#, Li Zheng, Du Yangge, Liu Xuejiao, Lv Longwei, Zhang Xiao, Liu Yunsong, Zhang Ping*, Zhou Yongsheng*. Asymmetrical methyltransferase PRMT3 regulates human mesenchymal stem cell osteogenesis via miR-3648.Cell Death Dis. 2019, 10 (8): 581.
3. Liu Jianzhang#, Huang Qingfeng#, Wang Xiaodong#, Li Yan, Zhou Jianfeng, Zeng Derong, Jiang Xinquan*, Zhao Ke*, Zhou Yongsheng*. Early loading of splinted implants in posterior mandible: Three-year results of a prospective multicenter study. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2019. doi: 10.1111/clr.13518.
4. Liu Zhongning, Chen Xin, Zhang Zhanpeng, Zhang Xiaojin, Saunders Laura, Zhou Yongsheng*, Ma Peter X*. Nanofibrous spongy microspheres to distinctly release miRNA and growth factors to locally enrich regulatory T Cells and rescue periodontal bone loss. ACS Nano. 2018, Oct 23, 12 (10): 9785-9799.
5. Li Wenyue(#), Liu Yunsong, Zhang Ping, Tang Yiman, Zhou Miao, Jiang Weiran, Zhang Xiao*, Wu Gang*, Zhou Yongsheng*. Tissue-Engineered bone immobilized with human adipose stem cells-derived exosomes promotes bone regeneration (IF: 7.504). ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2018, 10: 5240~5254.
6. Chen Si, Zheng Yunfei, Zhang Shan, Jia Lingfei*, Zhou Yongsheng*. Promotion effects of mir-375 on the osteogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cell Reports, 2017. 8 (3), 773–786.
7. Fan Cong, Jia Lingfei, Zheng Yunfei, Jin Chanyuan, Liu Yunsong, Liu Hao, Zhou Yongsheng*. MiR-34a promotes osteogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells via the RBP2/NOTCH1/CYCLIN D1 coregulatory network. Stem Cell Reports, 2016. 7 (2), 236-248.
8. Jin Chanyuan, Jia Lingfei, Huang Yiping, Zheng Yunfei, Du Ning, Liu Yunsong, Zhou Yongsheng*. Inhibition of lncRNA MIR31HG promotes osteogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells. Stem cells, 2016.34 (11): 2707-2720.
9. Zhang P, Liu Y, Jin C, Zhang M, Tang F, Zhou Y*. Histone acetyltransferase GCN5 regulates osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by inhibiting NF-κB. J Bone Miner Res. 2016; 31 (2): 391-402.
10. Zhang Ping, Liu Yunsong, Jin Chanyuan, Zhang Min, Lv Longwei, Zhang Xiao, Liu Hao, Zhou Yongsheng*. Histone H3K9 acetyltransferase PCAF is essential for osteogenic differentiation through BMP signaling and may be involved in osteoporosis. Stem cells, 2016. 34 (9): 2332-2341.
11. Lv L, Liu Y, Zhang P, Zhang X, Liu J, Chen T, Su P, Li H*, Zhou Y*. The nanoscale geometry of TiO2 nanotubes influences the osteogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells by modulating H3K4 trimethylation. Biomaterials, 2015, 39, 193-205.
12. Liu Yunsong, Ou Meng-en, Liu Hao, Gu Ming, Fan Cong, Chen Tong, Lv Longwei, Zhao Xianghui, Jin Chanyuan, Zhang Xiao, Ding Yun, Zhou Yongsheng*. The effect of simvastatin on chemotactic capability of SDF-1α and the promotion of bone regeneration. Biomaterials 2014, 35 (15), 4489-4498.
13. Ge Wenshu, Liu Yunsong, Chen Tong, Zhang Xiao, Lv Longwei, Jin Chanyuan, Jiang Yong, Shi Lei*, Zhou Yongsheng*. The epigenetic promotion of osteogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells by the genetic and chemical blockade of histone demethylase LSD1. Biomaterials 2014, 35 (23), 6015-25.
14. Zhou Jianfeng, Huang Qingfeng, Wang Xiaodong, Peng Dong, Li Yan, Zhang Lei, Liu Jianzhang, Zhang Songmei, Zhao Ke*, Jiang Xinquan*, Zhou Yongsheng*. Early loading of splinted implants in the posterior mandible: a prospective multicenter case series. J Clin Periodontol. 2016 Mar; 43 (3): 298-304.
15. Ge Wenshu, Shi Lei, Zhou Yongsheng*, et al. Inhibition of osteogenic differentiation of human adipose derived stromal cells by RBP2 repression of RUNX2-activated transcription. Stem cells, 2011, 29: 1112-1125.
16. Zhou Yongsheng*, Ni Yongwei, Liu Yunsong, Zengbaijin, Xu Yongwei, Ge Wenshu. The role of simvastatin in the osteogenesis of injectable tissue-engineered bone based on human adipose-derived stromal cells and platelet-rich plasma. Biomaterials, 2010, 31, 5325-5335.
17. Liu Yunsong, Zhou Yongsheng*, Feng Hailan, Ma Gui-e, Ni Yongwei. Injectable tissue-engineered bone composed of human adipose-derived stromal cells and platelet-rich plasma. Biomaterials, 2008, 29 (23): 3338-3345.
Honours and Awards
1. Vice-Director of National Engineering Lab for Digital and Material Technology of Stomatology
2. Vice-Director for the National Clinical Research Center of Oral Diseases (PKU)
3. President of Chinese Society for Oral Maxillofacial Rehabilitation
4. Vice-president of Chinese Prosthodontic Society
5. Fellow of International College of Dentist (ICD)
6. Fellow of International Team for Implantology (ITI)
7. Co-chair of ITI Scholarship Center-Beijing
8. Councilor of Asian Academy of Prosthodontics
9. Councilor of Asian Academy of Osseointegration
last text: Jiang Ting
next text: Deng Xuliang