Title: Associate Professor
Discipline area:Mesenchymal Stem Cell Biology
1. Our group focuses on the study of mesenchymal stem cell biology, particularly the identification and functional characterization of MSCs in vivo. Using a combination of single cell sequencing and genetics, we defined several tissue-specific MSCs in vivo. This work is the basis for MSC-based therapy.
2. Another research emphasis is the epigenetic regulation of the fate commitment of MSCs. Based on understanding epigenetic regulation mechanisms of MSCs fate choices, we have emphasized the role of specific small molecular compounds for epigenetic enzymes in bone regeneration, this work would help us to define novel therapies for bone defects and bone metabolic disease.
1. Zhang P. et al. Tumor suppressor p53 cooperates with SIRT6 to regulate gluconeogenesis by promoting FoxO1 nuclear exclusion. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2014; 111 (29): 10684-9.
2. Zhang, P. et al. Histone H3K9 Acetyltransferase Pcaf is Essential for Osteogenic Differentiation through Bone Morphogenetic Protein Signaling and May be Involved in Osteoporosis. STEM CELLS. 34, 2332-2341 (2016).
3. Zhang, P. et al. Histone Acetyltransferase Gcn5 Regulates Osteogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Inhibiting Nf-Kappab. J BONE MINER RES. 31, 391-402 (2016).
4. Jin C1, Zhang P1. et al. Inhibition of SLC7A11 by Sulfasalazine Enhances Osteogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Modulating BMP2/4 Expression and Suppresses Bone Loss in Ovariectomized Mice. J BONE MINER RES. 2017 Mar; 32 (3): 508-521.
5. Zhang M1, Zhang P1. et al. RSPO3-LGR4 Regulates Osteogenic Differentiation Of Human Adipose-Derived Stem Cells Via ERK/FGF Signalling. Sci Rep. 2017 Feb 21; 7: 42841.
6. Zhang P. et al., SIRT6 promotes osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells through BMP signaling. Sci Rep. 2017 Aug 31; 7 (1): 10229.
7. Hu X, Liu Y, Zhang M, Lv L, Zhang X, Zhang P*, Zhou Y. UNC-5 netrin receptor B mediates osteogenic differentiation by modulating bone morphogenetic protein signaling in human adipose-derived stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018 Jan 1; 495 (1): 1167-1174.
8. Wang W, Wang S, Liu X, Gu R, Zhu Y, Zhang P*, Liu Y*, Zhou Y. Knockdown of ARL4C inhibits osteogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells through disruption of the Wnt signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018 Feb 26; 497 (1): 256-263.
9. Wang Y, Liu Y, Zhang M, Lv L, Zhang X, Zhang P*, Zhou Y*. LRRC15 promotes osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by modulating p65 cytoplasmic/nuclear translocation. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2018 Mar 9; 9 (1): 65.
10. Wang Y, Liu Y, Zhang M, Lv L, Zhang X, Zhang P*, Zhou Y*. Inhibition of PTGS1 promotes osteogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells by suppressing NF-kB signaling. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2019 Feb 13; 10 (1): 57.
11. Zhang M, Liu X, Li Z, Du Y, Liu X, Lv L, Zhang X, Liu Y, Zhang Ping*, Zhou Yongsheng*. Asymmetrical methyltransferase PRMT3 regulates human mesenchymal stem cell osteogenesis via miR-3648. Cell Death Dis. 2019 Aug 5; 10 (8): 581.
12. Xuenan Liu, Zheng Li, Hao Liu, Yuan Zhu, Dandan Xia, Siyi Wang, Ranli Gu, Weiliang Wu, Ping Zhang*, Yunsong Liu* and Yongsheng Zhou. Lowconcentration flufenamic acid enhances osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells and suppresses bone loss by inhibition of the NF-κB signaling pathway. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2019 Jul 19; 10 (1): 213
13. Li Z, Liu X, Zhu Y, Du Y, Liu X, Lv L, Zhang X, Liu Y, Zhang Ping*, Zhou Yongsheng*. Mitochondrial Phosphoenolpyruvate Carboxykinase Regulates Osteogenic Differentiation by Modulating AMPK/ULK1-Dependent Autophagy. STEM CELLS. 2019 Oct 1. doi: 10.1002
last text: Han Dong
next text: Liu Xiaoqiang