1. Associate Professor
2. Associate Chief Doctor
3. Mentor for MSD Candidate
1. Application of CBCT and other 3D imaging techniques in Orthodontics
2. Machine learning in Orthodontics
3. Evaluation and prediction for Orthodontic treatment result
Area of Research Expertise:
Dr. Chen is specialized in Orthodontics and her main area of research includes but is not limited to application of 3D imaging and machine learning techniquesin Orthodontic treatment planning, outcome prediction and result evaluation.
machine learning, 3D imaging, CBCT, prediction for treatment result
1. Si Chen, Li Wang, Gang Li, Tai-Hsien Wu, Shannon Diachina, Beatriz Tejera, Jane Jungeun Kwon, Feng-Chang Ling, Yan-Ting Lee, Tianmin Xu, Dinggang Shen, Ching-Chang Ko.Machine learning in orthodontics: Introducing a 3D auto-segmentation and auto-landmark finder of CBCT images to assess maxillary constriction in unilateral impacted canine patients. Angle Orthod,2019 August (online first).DOI: 10.2319/012919-59.1.
2. Yichen Pan, Si Chen*. Contact of the incisive canal and upper central incisors causing root resorption after retraction with orthodontic mini-implants: A CBCT study. The Angle Orthodontist: 2019, 89 (2):200-205.
3. Chen S, Bai B, Lee DJ, Diachina S, Li Y, et al. (2017) Dopaminergic Enhancement of Cellular Adhesion in Bone Marrow Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs). 2017, J Stem Cell Res Ther 7: 395.
4. Richard Uhlir, Virginia Mayo, Pei Hua Lin, Si Chen, Yan-Ting Lee, Garland Hershey, Feng-Chang Lin, and Ching-Chang Ko. Biomechanical characterization of the periodontal ligament: Orthodontic tooth movement. The Angle Orthodontist, 2017, 87 (2): 183-192.
5. Si Chen, Gui Chen, Tianmin Xu. Clinical application of PASS technique – A novel orthodontic system. Journal of Clinical Orthodontics. 2015, 49 (8):508-515.
6. Fanfan Dai, Longfang Wang, Gui Chen, Si Chen* and Tianmin Xu*. Three-dimensional modeling of an individualized functional masticatory system and bite force analysis with an orthodontic bite plate. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 2016, 11: 217-229.
7. Fanfan Dai, Yangjing Li, Gui Chen, Si Chen* and Tianmin Xu*. A novel method for prediction of dynamic smiling expressions after orthodontic treatment: a case report. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, 2015, 19 (3): 340-346.
8. Si Chen, Tian-Min Xu. Treatment of a severe transverse dental arch discrepancy assisted by 3D treatment planning. American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics. 2013; 143 (1): 105-115.
9. Si Chen, Tian-Min Xu.3D finite element modeling of facial soft tissue and preliminary application in orthodontics. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, 2012,15 (3): 255-261.
10. Si Chen, Feiyu Du, Tian-Min Xu. Enhancement of molar anchorage with X buccal tube. Chinese Journal of Orthodontics, 2013,19 (1): 26-30.
11. G Chen, S Chen, XY Zhang et al. Stable region for dental cast superimposition in adults, studied with the aid of stable miniscrews. OrthodCranifac Res.2011; 14: 70-79.
12. Si Chen, Bing Han, Gui Chen, Tian-Min Xu. Space Analysis Based on Treatment Goal. Chinese Journal of Orthodontics, 2008,15 (4): 157-160.
13. Si Chen, Tian-Min Xu. Preliminary Study of Application of DSC-I 3D Imaging System in Facial Soft Tissue Measurement. Chinese Journal of Orthodontics, 2006, 13 (4): 166-170.
last text: Xun Chunlei
next text: Liu Dawei