Title:Vice Director of Central Laboratory，professor
Discipline area:Tumor biology, oral genetic diseases, oral inflammatory diseases, and stem cells
1. Tumor biology, including molecular mechanisms of epithelial homeostasis and carcinogenesis, mechanisms of oral cancer lymphatic metastasis, immune and tumor microenvironment, and development of new strategies for cancer treatment. Recently, we have investigated how epigenetics is involved in remodeling the tumor microenvironment, oral tumor carcinogenesis and lymphatic metastasis.
2. Molecular mechanisms of oral genetic diseases (Tricho-Dento-Osseous syndrome and cleidocranial dysplasia).
3. The relationship between self-renewal potential, immunomodulatory capacity and tissue homeostasis.
4. Molecular regulatory mechanisms of inflammation in oral inflammatory diseases.
5. Molecular basis of severe early childhood caries (SECC).
1. Cancer: ①Establishment of oral squamous cell carcinoma lymphatic metastasis animal model to investigate the mechanisms of oral cancer lymphatic metastasis; ②Screening of new targets and strategies for tumor therapy by using small molecular compound library.
2. Oral genetic diseases: ①Proposed a new hypothesis of TDO syndrome: DLX3 mutation epigenetically regulates tooth and bone tissues development through H19/SAHH axis. Put forward a new finding: DLX3 delays the senescence process of BMSCs, leading to an accumulated increase in bone density in TDO patients. ②Verified the role of RUNX2 in osteoclastic differentiation and found a novel osteoclastogenesis-associated LncRNA by using the CCD syndrome model.
3. Stem cells: Discovered a new technique for improving the immunomodulatory potential of stem cells.
4. Oral infectious diseases: Discovered the pyroptotic role of NLRP6 in periodontal cells. Investigated the regulatory mechanisms of oral inflammatory diseases. Verified that the metabolite of periodontal pathogens can destroy the periodontal epithelial barrier, initiating the process of periodontitis.
5. Cariogenesis: A SECC clinical specimen biobank was established. Our preliminary data showed that the new gene cluster found in Streptococcus mutans may be as a biomarker to predict the incidence of caries.
Up to Oct, 2019, a total of 76 articles have been published, of which 45 are original research articles that are SCI/SCIE papers as the first author/corresponding author.
1. Liu J, Wang Y*, Meng H*, Yu J, Lu H, Li W, Lu R, Zhao Y, Li Q, Su L. Butyrate rather than LPS subverts gingival epithelial homeostasis by downregulation of intercellular junctions and triggering pyroptosis. J Clin Periodontol. 2019 Sep; 46 (9): 894-907.
2. Li W, Han Y, Zhao Z, Ji X, Wang X, Jin J, Wang Q, Guo X, Cheng Z, Lu M, Wang G, Wang Y*, Liu H*. Oral mucosal mesenchymal stem cell-derived exosomes: A potential therapeutic target in oral premalignant lesions. Int J Oncol. 2019 May; 54 (5): 1567-1578.
3. Han Z, Li Q, Wang Y, Wang L, Li X, Ge N, Wang Y*, Guo C*. Niclosamide induces cell cycle arrest in G1 phase in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma through Let-7d/CDC34 Axis. Front Pharmacol. 2019 Jan 9; 9: 1544.
4. Liu W, Liu J, Wang W, Wang Y*, Ouyang X*. NLRP6 induces pyroptosis by activation of caspase-1 in gingival fibroblasts. J Dent Res. 2018 Nov; 97 (12): 1391-1398.
5. Li X, Xie J, Zhai Y, Fang T, Rao N, Hu S, Yang L, Zhao Y, Wang Y*, Ge L*.Differentiation of stem cells from human exfoliated deciduous teeth into retinal photoreceptor-like cells and their sustainability in vivo. Stem Cells Int. 2019 Feb 14; 2019: 2562981.
6. Li X, Yuan XJ, Zhai Y, Yu S, Jia RX, Yang LP, Ma ZZ, Zhao YM, Wany YX*, Ge LH*. Treatment with stem cells from human exfoliated deciduous teeth and their derived conditioned medium improves retinal visual function and delays the degeneration of photoreceptors. Stem Cells Dev. 2019 Sep 21. doi: 10.1089/scd. 2019. 0158.
7. Liu L, Fan B, Wang D, Li X, Song Y, Zhang T, Chen D, Wang Y*, Wang J*, Chen J*. Microfluidic Analyzer Enabling Quantitative Measurements of Specific Intracellular Proteins at the Single-Cell Level. Micromachines (Basel). 2018 Nov 12; 9 (11). pii: E588. doi: 10.3390/mi9110588
8. Zeng L, Sun S, Han D, Liu Y, Liu H, Feng H*, Wang Y*. Long non-coding RNA H19/SAHH axis epigenetically regulates odontogenic differentiation of human dental pulp stem cells. Cell Signal. 2018 Dec; 52: 65-73.
9. Zhao Z, Han Y, Zhang Z, Li W, Ji X, Liu X, Jin J, Xu S, Cui H, Cheng Z, Wang Q, Wang X, Guo X, Wang Y*, Liu H*. Total glucosides of paeony improves the immunomodulatory capacity of MSCs partially via the miR-124/STAT3 pathway in oral lichen planus. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018 Sep; 105: 151-158.
10. Zeng L, Zhao N, Li F, Han D, Liu Y, Liu H, Sun S, Wang Y*, Feng H*. miR-675 promotes odontogenic differentiation of human dental pulp cells by epigenetic regulation of DLX3. Exp Cell Res. 2018 Jun 1; 367 (1): 104-111.
11. Li X#, Yang Z#, Han Z, Wen Y, Ma Z*, Wang Y*. Niclosamide acts as a new inhibitor of vasculogenic mimicry in oral cancer through upregulation of miR-124 and downregulation of STAT3. Oncol Rep. 2018 Feb; 39 (2): 827-833
12. Zeng L, Wei J, Zhao N, Sun S, Wang Y*, Feng H*. A novel 18-bp in-frame deletion mutation in RUNX2 causes cleidocranial dysplasia. Arch Oral Biol. 2017 Oct 27.pii: S0003-9969 (17) 30349-7.
13. Zhao N, Zeng L, Liu Y, Han D, Liu H, Xu J, Jiang Y, Li C, Cai T, Feng H*, Wang Y*. DLX3 promotes bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells proliferation through H19/miR-675 axis. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017 Nov 13; 131 (22): 2721-2735.
14. Li X#, Ding R#, Han Z, Ma Z*, Wang Y*. Targeting of cell cycle and let-7a/STAT3 pathway by niclosamide inhibits proliferation, migration and invasion in oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. 2017 Dec, 96: 434–442.
15. Zeng L, Wei J, Han D, Liu H, Liu Y, Zhao N, Sun S, Wang Y*, Feng H. Functional analysis of novel RUNX2 mutations in cleidocranial dysplasia. Mutagenesis. 2017 Jul 1; 32 (4): 437-443.
16. Wang S, Wang Y*, Hua H*. Characteristics of labial gland Mesenchymal Stem Cells of healthy individuals and patients with Sjögren syndrome: a preliminary study. Stem Cells Dev. 2017 Aug 15; 26 (16): 1171-1185.
17. Zeng L, Zhao N, Han D, Liu H, Liu Y, Wang Y*, Feng H*. DLX3 mutation negatively regulates odontogenic differentiation of human dental pulp cells. Arch Oral Biol. 2017 May; 77: 12-17.
18. Zhao N, Han D, Liu H, Li Y, Wong SW, Cao Z, Xu J, Zhang X, Cai T, Wang Y*, Feng H*. Senescence: novel insight into DLX3 mutations leading to enhanced bone formation in Tricho-Dento-Osseous syndrome. Sci Rep, 2016, Dec 7; 6: 38680.
19. Ji X, Zhang Z, Han Y, Song J, Xu X, Jin J, Su S, Mu D, Liu X, Xu S, Cui H,Zhao Z, Wang Y*, Liu H*. Mesenchymal stem cells derived from normal gingival tissueinhibit the proliferation of oral cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. Int J Oncol. 2016 Nov; 49 (5): 2011-2022.
20. Zhang S, Bian H, Li X, Wu H, Bi Q, Yan Y, Wang Y*. Hydrogen sulfide promotescell proliferation of oral cancer through activation of the COX2/AKT/ERK1/2 axis. Oncol Rep. 2016 May; 35 (5): 2825-32.
21. Zhao N, Han D, Liu Y, Li Y, Zeng L, Wang Y*, Feng H*. DLX3 negatively regulates osteoclastic differentiation through microRNA-124. Exp Cell Res. 2016 Feb15; 341 (2): 166-76.
22. Liu J, Bian H, Ding R, Chi X, Wang Y*. Follicular dendritic cell-secretedprotein may enhance osteoclastogenesis in periodontal disease. Connect Tissue Res. 2016; 57 (1): 38-43.
23. Yan WJ, Zhang CY, Yang X, Liu ZN, Wang XZ, Sun XY, Wang YX*, Zheng SG.* Abnormal Differentiation of Dental Pulp Cells in Cleidocranial Dysplasia. J Dent Res. 2015 Apr; 94 (4): 577-83.
24. Wu H, Zhang S, Bian H, Wang L, Pu Y, Wang Y*, Guo C*. Bevacizumab regulates cancer cell migration by activation of STAT3. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015; 16 (15): 6501-6.
25. Bian H, Zhang S, Wu H, Wang Y*. Interpretation of immunohistochemistry data of tumor should consider microenvironmental factors. Tumour Biol. 2015 Jun; 36 (6): 4467-77.
26. Liu J, Liu W, Xie Y, Wang Y*, Ouyang X*. Adhesion of monocytes to periodontal fibroblasts requires activation of NOD1/2- and TLR4-mediated LFA-1 and VLA-4. Arch Oral Biol. 2015 Jun; 60 (6): 834-44.
27. Ma Z, Bi Q, Wang Y*. Hydrogen sulfide accelerates cell cycle progression in oral squamous cell carcinoma cell lines. Oral Dis. 2015 Mar; 21 (2): 156-62.
28. Li H, Yin N*, Song T, Wang Y*. New Technique for Correction of the Microform Cleft Lip using trans/Intraoral approach. Indian J Surg. 2014 (September–October) 76 (5): 415–418.
29. Chi XP, Ouyang XY*, Wang YX*. Hydrogen sulfide synergistically upregulates Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharide-induced expression of IL-6 and IL-8 via NF-κB signalling in periodontal fibroblasts. Arch Oral Biol. 2014 Sep; 59 (9): 954-61.
30. Wong SW, Liu HC, Han D, Chang HG, Zhao HS, Wang YX*, Feng HL. A novel non-stop mutation in MSX1 causing autosomal dominant non-syndromic oligodontia. Mutagenesis. 2014 Spe; 29 (5): 319-23.
31. Pu YF, Wang L, Wu HH, Bian H, Hong YY, Wang YX*, Guo CB*. Generation of homologous cell pairs using the oral lymphatic system. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014 Mar 15; 7 (4): 1563-71.
32. Pu Y, Wang L, Wu H, Feng Z, Wang Y*, Guo C*. High MMP-21 expression in metastatic lymph nodes predicts unfavorable overall survival for oral squamous cell carcinoma patients with lymphatic metastasis. Oncol Rep. 2014 Jun; 31 (6): 2644-50.
33. Wang L, Wang Y*, Guo C*. Editing genomic DNA in cancer cells with high genetic variance: benefit or risk? Oncol Rep. 2014 May; 31 (5): 2079-84.
34. Liu J, Wang Y*, Ouyang X*. Beyond toll-like receptors: Porphyromonas gingivalis induces IL-6, IL-8, and VCAM-1 expression through NOD-mediated NF-κB and ERK signaling pathways in periodontal fibroblasts. Inflammation. 2014 Apr; 37 (2): 522-33.
35. Liu J, Duan J, Wang Y*, Ouyang X*. Intracellular adhesion molecule-1 is regulated by porphyromonas gingivalis through nucleotide binding oligomerization domain-containing proteins 1 and 2 molecules in periodontal fibroblasts. J Periodontol. 2014 Feb; 85 (2): 358-68.
36. Wang L, Feng Z, Wu H, Zhang S, Pu Y, Bian H, Wang Y*, Guo C*. Melanoma differentiation-associated gene-7/interleukin-24 as a potential prognostic biomarker and second primary malignancy indicator in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patients. Tumour Biol. 2014 Aug; 35: 10977-85.
37. Liu Z, Jiang T*, Wang X, Wang Y*.Fluocinolone acetonide partially restores the mineralization of lipopolysaccharide-stimulated dental pulp cells through inhibition of NF-κB pathway and activation of AP-1 pathway. Br J Pharmacol. 2013 Nov; 170 (6): 1262-71.
38. Wang L, Wang Y*, Bian H, Pu Y, Guo C*.Molecular characteristics of homologous salivary adenoid cystic carcinoma cell lines with different lung metastasis ability. Oncol Rep. 2013 Jul; 30 (1): 207-12.
39. Liu Z, Jiang T*, Wang Y*, Wang X. Fluocinolone acetonide promotes the proliferation and mineralization of dental pulp cells. J Endod. 2013 Feb; 39 (2): 217-22.
40. Wang Y*, Dong L, Bi Q, Ge X, Zhang X, Wu D, Fu J, Zhang C, Wang C, Li S*. Beyond antiangiogenesis: intratumorally injected bevacizumab plays a cisplatin-sensitizing role in squamous cell carcinomas in mice. Chemotherapy. 2011; 57 (3): 244-252.
41. Wang Y*, Dong L, Bi Q, Li X, Wu D, Ge X, Zhang X, Fu J, Zhang C, Wang C, Li S*. Investigation of the efficacy of a bevacizumab-cetuximab-cisplatin regimen in treating head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in mice. Target Oncol. 2010 Dec; 5 (4): 237-243.
42. Wang Y*, Bi Q, Dong L, Li X, Ge X, Zhang X, Fu J, Wu D, Li S. Quinacrine enhances cisplatin-induced cytotoxicity in four cancer cell lines. Chemotherapy. 2010 Apr; 56 (2): 127-134.
43. Wang Y, Radfar S, Khong HT*. Activated CD4+ T cells enhance radiation effect through the cooperation of interferon-gamma and TNF-alpha. BMC Cancer. 2010 Feb; 10: 60.
44. Wang Y, Radfar S, Liu S, Riker AI, Khong HT*. Mitf-Mdel, a novel melanocyte/melanoma-specific isoform of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor-M, as a candidate biomarker for melanoma. BMC Med. 2010 Feb; 8: 14.
45. Wang Y, Cheung GS, Xu X, Zhao S, Zhang C*. The effect of cultured autologous periodontal ligament cells on the healing of delayed autotransplanted dog's teeth. J Endod. 2010 Feb; 36 (2): 264-267.
Honours and Awards
1. Honored with 2016 Natural Science Award (Second Class) by Ministry of Education
2. Honored with 2018 Science and Technology Award (Second Class) by the Chinese Stomatological Association
3. Honored with 2018 Science and Technology Award (Third Class) by the People's Government of Beijing Municipality
last text: Li Cuiying